After I made the Kalajokis in the last break I decided I wanted some more socks. Socks. Socks. SOCKS!
I hit my Ravlery Favorites list and found Ipomoea Socks, named after the scientific name for Morning Glories. They are a very clever combination of lace and cables and looked just perfect to amuse me for a few days. I also LOVE that the pattern comes right out and calls the sizes 64 and 72. I think most people who knit socks ravenously, like I occasionally do, think more in those terms than your standard S, M, L, or 6-8, 9-11 set up. Most of us know the gauge we get and know how many stitches to cast on to get the size we want.
So I made some. And just to make it extra special, I made them in Bugga!
This is Ye Olde Bugga!, from before the split, and while I’m sure I have the ball band around here somewhere, I don’t know where and I can’t tell you the name of the color. While I was making them I realized that I haven’t ever made socks in Bugga! before – a fair number of shawls, sure, (well, three) but never socks. They make amazing socks. I did put them in the Long Term Planning Box, but if I’m honest, I think I want me to have them. What’s probably going to happen is that they will stay in the Long Term Planning Box until I move out of Texas and start wearing socks again. Then they shall be mine.
And after I made the Size 72 ones, I thought I’d do another pair in the Size 64.
These are in Jitterbug – again, it’s Ye Olde Jitterbug, in the 290 yard put up, so it’s perfect for making small socks.
I really loved the pattern (that would be why I made two pairs in about a week and a half) but with the second set I wanted to experiment with moving the location of the gusset decreases a stitch or two. I think you can see the difference here, if you look along the decrease line.
The green ones are positioned where the pattern wanted them, the blue ones have my alts. I think I like the original way better. maybe I’ll move them one more stitch out for the next pair though. We’ll see.