Jorah is in Kyoto this week, talking about math, so I am home alone with the spaniels and a gigantic yarn stash. Whatever shall I do with myself? This is my TO DO list:
- Finish this month’s HPKCHC homework, which is all blanket squares for the Barn Raising Quilt. I have knit 26 so far, and am Kitchenering them together in groups of 4 as they will appear in the quilt, and then binding off all the way around. I am creating a little work for myself by doing this, but it was the best way to get things turned in for the House Cup, so I’m doing it anyway. You can see from my plan that I am a little obsessed.
- Bother Kira.
- Work on mitts pattern. I spent all of last week thinking that my idea wanted to be a cowl and banging my head against the wall. Then I realized it was mitts and now I feel much better.
- Administrative boring things.
- Try not to start a new pattern that I just got the yarn for but isn’t due for a couple of months. This is going to be hard because the yarn is lovely.
- Play with Zombies, Run!, an awesome app for smart phones that is just too entertaining for words. I’m doing more of a Zombies, Walk Quickly! version, but it’s still super fun.
- Find a pool to join.
- Watch a bunch of Poirot.
- Listen to more Voyager. I’m about 6 hours in, and I’m doing much better with it than I did with Dragonfly in Amber, which was too stressful for words.
- Write book reviews for the things I’ve finished and schedule the posts for upcoming Fridays.
I think it’s going to be a good week! And at the end of it – October!